Have you ever wondered why one gets attracted towards a product when compared with another similar one having same functionality and dimensions? The reason is quite simple and it is ‘COLOR’. Ofcourse it is highly psychological and every individual may have their own perspectives or choice. But the bottom line is very clear – color can make or break your concept. With colors’ carrying such a huge caliber, isn’t it necessity to do some extra homework before selecting the right choice of color for your room.
But let us admit it; having been associated as interior designer in Pune for several residential and commercial projects, selection of color is not a cakewalk but can be accomplished with perfect understanding of several factors such as functionality requirement, direction, and size of windows, personal choices, focal points of your room, lighting arrangement and many more. Fret not! To make things simpler for you, we have enlisted few valuable tips to choose right color for your room.
- Be clear about your aspirations:
It is true that a right choice of color for any room in house can easily transform the aesthetics. But with thousands of options available in different tones and shades, you are most likely to be spoilt for choices. So, in the first place, don’t give room for an oscillating thought. Be firm with your style and theme, so that proper color palette can be earmarked and executed.
- The thumb rule:
Remember the color wheel you had learnt during your school days. While red, yellow and blue are termed as primary colors, combination of these colors produce secondary ones like orange, green, and purple. So when you choose a dual tone color scheme for your room, remember that adjacent colors will get easily adjusted, and help one to rise above the bar. Whereas, diagonally opposite colors with be complementing each other. For instance, red and orange will get adjusted while purple and yellow will complement each other.
- Properties of colors:
Each color can bring you one or more benefits and so make sure your personal choice of color fits your theme, functionality, and aspirations.
- Colors such as blue and green can visually make your room appear larger
- Additionally green color also provides a soothing effect
- The sun colors – red, yellow, and orange always create vibrant ambience and their intensity can be easily altered by choosing pink or peach to complement them.
- Lavenders, soft yellows, and pinks render tranquility and are best chosen for bedrooms.
- While painting for kitchen, pale yellow or sea blue would be a nice choice, provided the other accessories such as cabinets, countertops are in tune with them.
- While painting your ceiling, opt for a lighter color such as creamy ivory to produce a nice subtle look and also to reflect the light from the windows.
- Dimensions count:
Adding contrasting colors in the same room is bound to create visual focal point. Similarly, if you would like to downplay a feature, go for tones that are near to each other in color wheel. As colors need to be chosen as per the size of the room, avoid sharp contrasting colors in small rooms and go for neutral shades.
Well, the salient ones are listed above but frankly speaking, the criteria for color selection are quite long. Drop in at our studio and we would love to share it with you. If you are looking for the best residential, commercial and office interior designer in Pune to upgrade your premises, make it convenient to be in touch with us and rest be assured about the realization of your aspiration.